FANDOM


  • Apologies in advance for any rudeness, Though I really don't need to- I'm only here because one of you is being rude as hell.

    My name is Hedgehodgemonster. I'm a budding game developer, illustrator, and a fairly long-time fan of Happy Tree Friends.

    I run the HappyTreeTownFriends group on deviantART ( http://happytreetownfriends.deviantart.com/ ) right now, and I recently had the displeasure of encountering [http:// http://comments.deviantart.com/4/29508254/4218999139 THIS]

    So, let me get this straight... 

    You had a poll, with TEN respondents, out of the possibly hundreds of fans HTF has right now, on Flaky's gender, on a FAN WIKI run by FANS, and decided that the word of TEN individuals overrides canonical statements by Kenn Navarro himself.

    You then have the AUDACITY to march into MY GROUP and tell me to conform to and enforce your HEADCANON as actual canon


    You feel so entitled to your girl Flaky canon being the ONLY canon so fucking much, that you're basically trying to take non-binary, trans, and genderfluid Flaky CANONS away from HTF fans who are trans, non-binary, and/or genderfluid, people like, I don't know, r/hieronymus-wolf,  SEVERAL OF MY FRIENDS on deviantART and Tumblr, and many people who are members of my group on deviantART.



    HOW DARE YOU. Don't talk to me or my group ever again. 


    I am NOT going to spread the "news" that Flaky is "canonically" a girl. Hedgehodge out.

      Loading editor
    • First of all, Warren did re-confirm Flaky is female. Second of all, there are less rude ways of addressing a problem like this.

        Loading editor
    • Umm, you can have your opinions on Flaky, and you can portray Flaky how you want, but this vote was all about saying in the show that Flaky is a girl. The fanbase can do whatever it wants. This is not enforcing anyone to make flaky girl or delete male flaky drawings. This is so that people who watch the show know that Flaky is a girl in the show, and not a boy, or a transgender. I hope this straightens my opinion, and if you can help. We would love to have more fans vote, and make this more, and more important, but alas few vote. So next time we have a major vote, which will be soon. I will put this on your group so that your members can have a chance to know a vote happened.

        Loading editor
    • Sad.

        Loading editor
    • Is it really worth it to argue or get triggered about the gender of an animated hedgehog character?

        Loading editor
    • That's really weird

        Loading editor
    • Seems like no one takes it job seriously.

        Loading editor
    • Wow, what an overreaction. I mean, Kenn Navarro is not really giving us any straight answers like usual, but I am pretty sure that what Warren Graff says matters just as much as what Kenn Navarro says and Warren Graff says that Flaky is a female. However, nobody here will force what your group want to believe in. Try and calm down. :) /Kenny Navarro (talk)

        Loading editor
    • ATrules wrote:
      Is it really worth it to argue or get triggered about the gender of an animated hedgehog character?

      >implying that I'm "triggered" (real classy of you) by Flaky's gender as opposed to being mad at SandGaoGaiGar for trying to say that a poll held by ten people on a WIKIA somehow overrides what the actual creators say

      >implying that it wasn't SandGargamel who started this shit argument up again instead of just accepting that Flaky CANONICALLY does not have a fixed gender 

      >implying that I'm mad at the idea of Flaky being a girl as opposed to being mad at the fact that yet another chucklefuck is trying to force their headcanon onto everyone else (I had enough of this shit from those homophobic shitstains tr01ka and lutherine, I'm not letting anyone else start this again)

        Loading editor
    • Okay, This topic on a persons gender I've seen happen before, In the video game "Undertale" the protagonist is seen as either male or female. The creator of UnderTale, Toby Fox has stated that their gender is up to interpretation. I feel we should take the same approach on judging flaky's gender. No one REALLY knows hers (I believe Flaky is female) true gender Identity. So I think we should all just have our opinion and just live on with that until we get Official Confirmation from Kenn or Warren.

        Loading editor
    • Sandgar wrote:
       know that Flaky is a girl in the show, and not a boy, or a transgender


      that's not how transgender works, transgender means "not identifying with the gender assigned to you at birth".

      therefore there are transgender boys and transgender girls, 


      ...actually, how about this, since you didn't say to canonically make Flaky a CIS girl... let's (canonically) make Flaky a trans girl.

      You know? Like, Lynn Conway, Martine Rothblatt, Louise Lawrence, Marsha P. Johnson and Sylvia Rivera, Wendy Carlos, Sophie Wilson, and so on.

        Loading editor
    • Smart zombie
      Smart zombie removed this reply because:
      Cause
      17:53, September 11, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Smart zombie wrote: Couldn't someone just ask Kenn on Twitter about the gender mess to settle this crap.

      As I linked in my first post, we already did.

        Loading editor
    • Hedgehog I just ban you for your attacks on me. You must read the rules before you outright attack me. Like I said before, Get the damn community to vote. Get your people to vote so this can be a more legitimate vote. I would also like to state your rudeness to me was uncalled for here and on DA. If you had stayed calm I would of respected your group more and might of actually been likez okay they don't want this.

        Loading editor
    • Gr8wiided wrote: Okay, This topic on a persons gender I've seen happen before, In the video game "Undertale" the protagonist is seen as either male or female. The creator of UnderTale, Toby Fox has stated that their gender is up to interpretation. I feel we should take the same approach on judging flaky's gender. No one REALLY knows hers (I believe Flaky is female) true gender Identity. So I think we should all just have our opinion and just live on with that until we get Official Confirmation from Kenn or Warren.

      I respect your opinion a lot, and this will not harm headcanons. You can belive Flaky is an alien, but in the actual show, she is a female, but you can still have your opinions :)

        Loading editor
    • Okay, now I'm not here much these days, but I still very much follow the HTF fandom very much, and I happen to come back here to see all of this stuff here about Flaky's gender and everything, plus this big argument that has arise from it. Now, I am very shocked to see in 2016 this entire debate rise up again, as I thought we settled this years back, but it apparently has become an important issue again.

      So first off, I will say that the canon here is that Flaky is indeed a girl, as it has been confirmed by the writers of the show in the past, and I think the large majority of the fanbase has come to terms with that canon and have accepted it (considering the amount of fan art and stories portraying her as such). Thus, I believe that it is only necessary, as a wiki to track canonical information, to keep Flaky as 'female' under her gender identification of her profile.

      However, I do find it unnecessary to try and force other members of the fandom to accept this canon as truth or not and make them agree to it mainly for this: there is absolutely no point into doing it, and it's not really anything worth fighting over. It's a fandom, people can work and create things involving them in whatever manner they see fit, even if it involves changing their gender, sexuality, etc. I've seen ton of homosexual, asexual, transgender, and all of that kind of works in stories and artworks, and even if I believe that is not entirely canon, I find no point in arguing with others about it as people have their right to do works with them as they see fit. It's not a matter of being canon or PC or any of that stuff, it just letting people do what they want to do with these characters in their fan works. They have their right and choice to do and believe what they want, and we have no right to force others into agreeing with our opinion.

      Now, that's my assumption of what's going on here. I'm still heavily confused on what brought this entire thing up and why it had to be brought up when it has been going smooth and quiet all this time. Nonetheless, the best thing to do here now is to just to basically shut up and let it be. This entire debate and fighting is causing nothing but trouble and arguments that will never go anywhere. Just let this go, move on with our lives, and just... stop.

        Loading editor
    • HTFan wrote: Okay, now I'm not here much these days, but I still very much follow the HTF fandom very much, and I happen to come back here to see all of this stuff here about Flaky's gender and everything, plus this big argument that has arise from it. Now, I am very shocked to see in 2016 this entire debate rise up again, as I thought we settled this years back, but it apparently has become an important issue again.

      So first off, I will say that the canon here is that Flaky is indeed a girl, as it has been confirmed by the writers of the show in the past, and I think the large majority of the fanbase has come to terms with that canon and have accepted it (considering the amount of fan art and stories portraying her as such). Thus, I believe that it is only necessary, as a wiki to track canonical information, to keep Flaky as 'female' under her gender identification of her profile.

      However, I do find it unnecessary to try and force other members of the fandom to accept this canon as truth or not and make them agree to it mainly for this: there is absolutely no point into doing it, and it's not really anything worth fighting over. It's a fandom, people can work and create things involving them in whatever manner they see fit, even if it involves changing their gender, sexuality, etc. I've seen ton of homosexual, asexual, transgender, and all of that kind of works in stories and artworks, and even if I believe that is not entirely canon, I find no point in arguing with others about it as people have their right to do works with them as they see fit. It's not a matter of being canon or PC or any of that stuff, it just letting people do what they want to do with these characters in their fan works. They have their right and choice to do and believe what they want, and we have no right to force others into agreeing with our opinion.

      Now, that's my assumption of what's going on here. I'm still heavily confused on what brought this entire thing up and why it had to be brought up when it has been going smooth and quiet all this time. Nonetheless, the best thing to do here now is to just to basically shut up and let it be. This entire debate and fighting is causing nothing but trouble and arguments that will never go anywhere. Just let this go, move on with our lives, and just... stop.

      It's nice to temproary see you back here again HTFan and you also wrote down alot of valid points too. :) /Kenny Navarro (talk)

        Loading editor
    • @KennyX1994

      Yeah, I pass by here now and then just to check up on how the wiki is doing (congrats to Smart Zombie becoming b-crat, knew he would one day), what changes are being made and all that. Turns out there is still lots of work that I am surprised is still being made around here, so I'm proud of you guys finding ways to keep busy and improve the wiki :)!

      But then I cam back recently and I noticed this whole "Flaky's Gender" dispute happening all over again. It caught me off guard a bit since I thought we settled the answer to that years ago, and already established the acceptable canon to the entire HTF fandom. Then I saw this whole argument going on, some fighting with users, and honestly, it was getting way out of hand. Hopefully now this thing is all done now and no more fighting will happen on this topic again and we can all just go our separate ways and do our own things.

        Loading editor
    • HTFan wrote: @KennyX1994

      Yeah, I pass by here now and then just to check up on how the wiki is doing (congrats to Smart Zombie becoming b-crat, knew he would one day), what changes are being made and all that. Turns out there is still lots of work that I am surprised is still being made around here, so I'm proud of you guys finding ways to keep busy and improve the wiki :)!

      But then I cam back recently and I noticed this whole "Flaky's Gender" dispute happening all over again. It caught me off guard a bit since I thought we settled the answer to that years ago, and already established the acceptable canon to the entire HTF fandom. Then I saw this whole argument going on, some fighting with users, and honestly, it was getting way out of hand. Hopefully now this thing is all done now and no more fighting will happen on this topic again and we can all just go our separate ways and do our own things.

      Yeah, he got HelloWhatsUp's former spot. It was a shame that he also left the Wiki. Including Adam. However, Smart Zombie was the right user for this position. Yeah, there have been alot of conflicts lately. We have some upcomming votings too and hopefully those will go alot more better. You should go and check out the "Discussions" vote too. Wikia are planning to replace the old forums with a more Twitter look like system and most of us are against it. :) /Kenny Navarro (talk)

        Loading editor
    • Even though there's a warning, this letter is a bit too negative. Is the swearing and bold letters necessary?

        Loading editor
    • Guys, okay, LIGHTBULB.


      People who make characters get to control/decide what happens with them, right? And they're the final word on what a character is, right?


      then we just need to figure out which of the creators/Mondo Staff designed/created Flaky.

      If it's Kenn, then that means his saying that "Flaky's gender is not fixed and is up to the viewer" is the final word on Flaky's gender and you have no reason to put "female" because you'd be favoring the viewers who interpret Flaky as female to the detriment of viewers who favor other interpretations. Which would be biased and thus, against the idea of a wiki.


      Alternatively... Kenn said Flaky's gender is up to viewer interpretation, right? Then perhaps, Warren and Rhode saying Flaky's a girl... IS SIMPLY THEIR OWN PERSONAL INTERPRETATION OF WHAT GENDER FLAKY IS, as according to the rules set by Kenn, which still apply and everyone else can do whatever they want.




      Alternatively Alternatively... why do you even want Flaky to have a single fixed clear confirmed gender anyway?? I still don't understand WHY you want to do that.

        Loading editor
    • Still, voters win when staff are not in agreement.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.