It takes guts to play Strandead the new Happy Tree Friends HTML5 game! Do you have what it takes?
Once the "Play" button is clicked, the player is introduced to a prologue similar to that of a comic book. In it, Sniffles, Giggles, Lumpy, Lifty, Shifty, Flaky, Flippy and Handy are all stuck on a deserted island. Sniffles then comes up with the idea to launch themselves across the sea in order to get to safer land by using a giant slingshot to propel themselves and a fire extinguisher as a jet pack. Once they gather all the necessary equipment and finish constructing the slingshot, everybody looks over to Giggles, on whom they suggest as using for their test subject.
To see the ending, Giggles needs to be launched 3,000 feet (as shown in the blueprint in the intro). Once the player succeeds in doing so, Giggles, with her body painfully ripped in half and one of her eyes out of its socket, finally washes ashore to safer land. Giggles is happy at first, when suddenly, The Mole arrives for a warm day at the beach, and unknowingly stakes an umbrella in her right eye, killing her.
Seagulls and Pelicans
Seagulls and pelicans will make Giggles bounce off of them, keeping her in the air.
Satellites and Planes
Hitting either a satellite or a plane will temporarily stun Giggles, preventing her from bouncing on any seagull or pelican under her, and preventing her from using her boost for a short time.
Hitting a buoy will instantly kill Giggles, as hitting one will make her intestines wrap around it.
Hitting the water on the bottom will add further injuries to Giggles. If Giggles can no longer boost herself, she ends up skipping along in the water until she ends up getting eaten by a great white shark, or hits a buoy.
- Use your boost wisely, as you only have a limited amount of them. Use your boost when you cannot reach a seagull/pelican in front of you or when you bounce off the water, as bouncing off the water will not bounce you high enough to reach a pelican.
- It is best advised to not fly to high, as there is a higher chance of getting struck by a plane or satellite.
There are quotes shown after Giggles' death, which depends on the distance Giggles traveled. Also, Sniffles will be shown holding an organ depending on the same factor (as well as a pun).
- Giggles gets eaten by a shark if she lands in the water.
- Giggles dies from a buoy if one is hit.
- In the ending, Giggles gets staked in the eye with an umbrella.
- If a player hits the ocean at least one time, Giggles' body will be injured. This can lower the player's chances of survival in the game.
- In the ending, Giggles gets her body ripped in half and her eyeball pops out.
- It is odd how Giggles is able to fly by using a fire extinguisher if she is not holding onto it, or if she is not tied to it.
- The eyeball that falls out of Giggles' head in gameplay switches positions at the ending.
- The title of this game is a play on the word "stranded", which fits since the characters are stranded on an island, just like the episode it is based on.
- This is the first Happy Tree Friends arcade game to be in HTML5 format and also the first Happy Tree Friends arcade game to be available as an iPhone app.
- This is the second Happy Tree Friends-related iPhone app, after Slap Happy.
- Giggles' death involving the buoy is similar to Cuddles' death involving the shovel in Hare Trigger, as both deaths involve the respective character's intestines getting wrapped around an object.
- The shark's appearance is similar to the one in Petunia's Summer Smoochie and Wipe Out!, except for the fact that it is gray in color.
- This game is based on the episode Happy Trails Pt. 2: Jumping the Shark.
- It might be an alternate plot to the aforementioned episode. The original has Giggles dead before Lifty and Shifty show up, but in the game, Lifty and Shifty are both shown while Giggles is still alive. Weirdly enough, The Mole appears in the epilogue, considering the fact that he was shown in the bus in the first part and got involved in the crash.
- The idea of using a fire extinguisher as a jet pack could possibly be a reference to the 2008 Disney/Pixar film WALL-E.
- The app version of this game is only compatible with iOS 6 and later.