Rink Hijinks is an episode of the Happy Tree Friends internet series, the third of the second season, and the thirtieth episode overall.
HTF Episode Description
Remember how fun it was to go to roller skating? Flaky tries her luck on the rink and Disco Bear shows off his fancy twirls. Meanwhile, Lumpy ends up in a jam and Cub wins a one-of-a-kind prize at an arcade game.
The episode starts off at a roller skating rink, where Generic Tree Friends skate along. Moments later, Flaky enters the rink, but she seems to have some trouble with her footing. She nearly falls over, and hugs the wall for safety. However, when a Generic Tree Friend quickly skates past her, she gets filled with determination, and lets go of the wall. She begins to get the hang of it, but not for long, as Disco Bear skates in and carelessly pushes her aside.
Elsewhere in the rink, Lumpy is seen cleaning the rink with a floor buffer while wearing skis in his underwear. Suddenly, Flaky comes by, and she falls under Lumpy's floor buffer. As she gets sucked in, her body begins rubbing against the floor at a fast speed that kills her and sends her quills flying all over the place. As Disco Bear skates along, Flaky's quills are suddenly launched at him and pierce him all over his face and torso, which kills him, causing his body to slide across the rink. Meanwhile, Lumpy can no longer contain the malfunctioning buffer, and the brushes get cemented to the floor. Because of this, Lumpy is now getting twirled all over the place just before he gets flung away.
At the rink's arcade, Cub is using a claw machine. Suddenly, Lumpy crashes into the machine, getting stuck. As he regains consciousness, he notices the claw machine's hook hovering over his body. It comes down, punctures his chest, and pulls out his heart. After screaming at the loss of his heart, he passes out and dies with his blood flow cut off. His heart falls into the prize slot, and Cub immediately grabs it. At first, Cub seems confused by his "prize", but once it throbs, he gets fascinated and hugs it. The iris then closes in on Lumpy's heart, which throbs once again.
"What goes around comes around!"
- Flaky gets pulled into a floor buffer and dies after being dragged along the floor at high speeds.
- Disco Bear is killed when Flaky's quills are launched at him, puncturing his head and torso multiple times.
- Lumpy has his heart torn out by a claw in a claw machine operated by Cub.
- Amount of surviving main characters: 1
- Amount of dead main characters: 3
- Total rate: 25%
- Flaky's mushed-up body causes the buffer to malfunction, spin out of control, and move on its own.
- Flaky's quills put holes into Disco Bear's jacket and pants.
- Lumpy's body crashes through a claw game.
- On Hulu, the episode title is misspelled as "Rink Hijink".
- On the Second Serving DVD, during the character pop-ups, Flaky's name is misspelled as "Flakey".
- Flaky's philtrum disappears when she breathes heavily. Her philtrum disappears again when she's caught and spun around by the buffer. (This is mentioned in Classics Remastered.)
- When Disco Bear bumps into Flaky, he is not injured by her quills.
- Lumpy's antlers are unusually small in this episode.
- When Flaky is caught in the buffer her blood is orange, but when she is dead it's red.
- Lumpy somehow manages to evade Flaky's quills without moving.
- The Generic Tree Friends are completely absent from the skating rink after Flaky gets caught in the buffer.
- At the beginning, the disco ball is active, but the disco ball is not active when Disco Bear is skating or when Lumpy is spinning out of control.
- Just when Flaky's leg is sliced off, her philtrum is layered over her nose.
- When Flaky gets caught in the buffer, her leg is severed and smacks into the wall and to the ground, leaving a bloody mark. When Lumpy is spun around with the buffer, the severed leg and bloody mark on the wall is gone.
- When Disco Bear is dead, his pupils are facing each other.
- When the buffer starts to spin out of control, one of Flaky's eyeballs rolls on the floor. The eyeball lacks a pac-man pupil and instead has a regular pupil on it.
- When Lumpy is thrown off the floor buffer, it stops spinning, but it should have continued spinning if the spinning head were stuck to the floor.
- Cub's beanie is drawn incorrectly in this episode.
- Cub is playing a Buddhist Monkey game with plastic walls, but when Lumpy is thrown into the game system, it becomes a claw machine with glass walls. (This is fixed on the DVD.)
- There is no display on the claw machine when Cub is seen operating it.
- Lumpy's antlers have switched positions when he lands in the claw machine.
- It is impossible for the hole in the glass that Lumpy smashes his head through to become the shape it becomes; the hole should be bigger, as Lumpy's antlers go through the other side.
- The claw machine is not damaged when Lumpy is thrown into it. However, when the claw impales Lumpy, it is.
- When Lumpy is thrown into the claw machine, his arms briefly disappear. Similarly, as he struggles and dies, an extra arm appears and his hands disappear several times. (This is fixed on the DVD.)
- When Lumpy's heart gets pulled out by Cub, a second heart is visible in Lumpy's pierced chest.
Quick Shot Moment
Note: This is fixed in the Classics Remastered version.