- This is the final episode of Happy Tree Friends that features a glitch where a past or future scene briefly flashes onto the screen.
- This was the last episode that used the original Happy Tree Friends intro. Starting with Wrath of Con, a new intro was created and Cuddles is no longer seen after the credits.
- This episode marks the second time a character appears in the ending credits (Pop is still fishing, and we still see Lumpy's skull, but not Cub walking up to it). The first was The Mole in Remains to be Seen.
- This is one of the few episodes where Pop is missing his pipe for the entirety of the episode.
- This episode is one of the three season 3 episodes to have a quick shot moment in it. The other two are We're Scrooged! and Read 'em and Weep.
- This is the last episode to have a quick shot moment in it.
- This is the first episode to show a tornado, the next time is in Breaking Wind.
- This is one of the seven episodes to be remastered for the Blurb version. The others are Blind Date, Can't Stop Coffin, Class Act, Stealing the Spotlight, Nuttin' but the Tooth, and Keepin' it Reel.
- This is the only non-HD episode in Season 3 that wasn't a holiday special.
- A HTF flash game named Caution Vultures is based on this episode.
- There are no female characters in this episode.
- Breaking the fourth wall: In the Blurb, a speech bubble with the text "Blurb placed for your protection!" is placed over Lumpy's lower body, which covers his exposed body after stripping off all of his clothes.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the saying "just desserts," which is a plural way of saying "that which one deserves."
- The meaning of the moral, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink" means that you can present someone with an opportunity, but you cannot force him or her to take advantage of it.
- Lumpy's injury is similar to his death in Mime to Five and Pet Peeve and Flaky's death in Wipe Out!.
- Lumpy's death is similar to Giggles' death in See What Develops and Flaky's death in Breaking Wind.