It's a Snap is an episode of the Happy Tree Friends internet series, the twenty-second of the first season. This episode continues the misadventures of Splendid, the super hero who does more harm than good.
HTF Episode Description
Lumpy manages to get in all sorts of trouble, and this episode is no exception. Splendid does his best to save Lumpy from certain death, but it just doesn't turn out exactly the way he planned. Why would a moose eat cheese anyway?
The episode begins in Splendid's Acorn Fortress high above the mountains, where Splendid is hard at work knitting a blanket. As he continues to work, we cut to Lumpy, who is seen screaming loudly. Hearing Lumpy's screams, Splendid abandons his work and flies off to investigate.
Splendid arrives, and discovers that Lumpy has bear traps clamped all over his body, apparently allured by the blocks of cheese each trap held. Splendid looks at the bear trap clamping on his right arm and attempts to open it so he can get it off of him. Unfortunately, the bear trap slips from his hands and it clamps down on his arm, causing his arm to fall off, and a large quantity of blood to pour out. This makes Splendid gasp in sheer shock, and Lumpy to scream in pain. Acting quickly, he ties the severed arm like a balloon knot to stop the blood from spilling out, saving Lumpy.
Splendid comes up with an easier idea to get the bear traps off of Lumpy: he karate chops them off. With all the bear traps off of Lumpy, Splendid gathers them up, and hurls them far away. Somewhere else, Cub is shown playing with his toys. The bear traps come down. One lands on the ground, another pinches down on his ball, and the last one falls on Cub's head, providing a gruesome death for the screaming child.
Lumpy shakes hands with Splendid for the help, and Splendid flies off, where Lumpy bids him farewell. Not long after his departure, Splendid hears a loud snap, forcing him to stop and look. It turns out that Lumpy has fallen victim for another bear trap, way larger than the other ones. Sighing out of exhaustion, he resorts to using his laser vision to cut the bear trap. Satisfied that he got the job done, Splendid flies away. Unfortunately, not only has Splendid cut the bear trap into pieces, but he unknowingly decapitated Lumpy in the process. Lumpy's severed hear slips off from his body, and lands on one last bear trap. The iris then closes in on a block of cheese, the item Lumpy tried so hard to acquire.
"You don't need a reason to send flowers!"
- Cub is killed by having a bear trap clamp down on his head. (Debatable, since the bear trap pinched down on his face, not his brain)
- Lumpy is accidentally decapitated by Splendid's eye lasers.
- Lumpy gets caught in numerous bear traps.
- Lumpy has his arm torn off when Splendid tries to remove one the bear traps.
- (If he didn't die) Cub has a bear trap clamped on his head.
- Amount of surviving main characters: 2 (1 including Debatable deaths)
- Amount of dead main characters: 1 (2 including Debatable deaths)
- Total rate: 66% (33% including Debatable deaths)
- Cub's ball is destroyed by the trap.
- One bear trap is destroyed by Splendid.
- When Splendid was sewing his blanket, the hand holding the needle had five fingers instead of four.
- The bear trap on Lumpy's antler disappears.
- Numerous unactivated bear traps on the ground near Lumpy disappear later in the episode.
- Lumpy's antlers change directions several times.
- Splendid's wings disappear several times.
- Splendid's moaning and screaming is similar to Lumpy's.
- If one listens carefully, Cub can be heard screaming before the bear trap punctures his face.
- When Lumpy wave at Splendid, he has no bear trap on his head before Splendid flies away, but when Lumpy's head drop to the ground, the bear trap was on his head before the story ends.
- At the end, when Lumpy's head fell down, his antler has only two prongs instead of three.
- One of the bear traps lands on Cub's ball, but it showed no sign of deflation.
- The title of this episode means it's easy to accomplish.
- This is the only episode where Splendid has a role while Giggles does not.
- This is the first episode to show Splendid's laser beam.
- In this episode's opening, Splendid is credited as "Splendid" while in his previous appearance, Helping Helps, he was credited as "Splendid The Flying Squirrel".
- There are no female characters in this episode.
- Every death in this episode involves the head.
- Cub was killed (or perhaps injured) by a bear trap, which is humorous, considering his species.
- If one looks closely when the bear trap falls on Cub, his Pac-Man eyes have pupils.