- This article is about the evil counterpart of Flippy. To view information about Flippy himself, see Flippy.
Fliqpy is the main antagonist of Happy Tree Friends, and the split personality of Flippy.
- 1 Character Bio
- 2 Genita
- 3 Fliqpy's Episodes and Flip-Outs (running gag)
- 4 Role Count By Season
- 5 Occupations and Careers
- 6 Fates
- 7 Number of Kills
- 8 Episodes Survived by Season
- 9 Survival Rate
- 10 See Also
Evil Flippy, or Fliqpy, is a serious antagonist and the main antagonist in the internet series Happy Tree Friends. He also appears in its spinoff miniseries Ka-Pow! He is the violent alternate personality of Flippy. He is considered to be one of the most popular characters of the series. However Flippy's appearances are rare, to keep his behaviour from becoming repetitive. According to writer Warren Graff, Flippy is based on John Rambo. Fliqpy fought in the Weaponized Animal Regiment (The W.A.R), and he has an obsession with making booby traps inspired by the Viet Cong. In addition, his attire resembles the U.S. Army Special Forces, which played a role during the Vietnam War. He can also fly a helicopter. The stripes on Fliqpy's uniform show that during the war, despite his obvious trauma starting when he was a Private he managed to reach the rank of Sergeant. While serving in the W.A.R, Flippy suffered the trauma of the deaths of his partners. Since then, he has developed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). As of yet, it is unknown if Flippy has been discharged from the Army, on leave, or the war has ended. Episodes where he appears usually begin with him as Flippy, but he will be exposed to something that reminds him of warfare, and will 'flip out' - hence his name - and kill anyone around him. Flippy has no memory of anything he does during his 'flip-outs'. In the episode Double Whammy, Flippy sought professional help and in Part 2 he defeated his evil self. For a while fans believed Fliqpy was gone for good, but his flip-out in the short On My Mind dispelled the rumors and it has not been a one-off incident. Fliqpy always carries a bowie knife and multiple grenades but often improvises his weapons from everyday objects or uses Viet-Cong-style booby traps. He has the second highest kill count in the series, beaten only by Lumpy with over 300 kills. However, he has the highest average kill-count at 6 per episode, and no other character in the series intentionally murders other characters.
It was confirmed on Twitter on November 30th, 2015 that Fliqpy is acting under the delusion that he is still in the war and does not realize that he is killing innocents, making it difficult to consider him genuinely evil. However he is very rarely shown having actual flash-backs and it is unknown if Fliqpy would act the same way if he knew his victims were innocent civilians, not enemy soldiers.
In Double Whammy Part I and Autopsy Turvy (Double Whammy Part II), he appears as a separate entity. In Double Whammy Part I, he appears at the end where he dive tackles Flippy. In Autopsy Turvy (Double Whammy Part II), he fights Flippy throughout the episode and eventually captures and tortures Flippy. It is revealed during the fight that Fliqpy wasn't physically there and that the events of the episodes were really just Flippy attacking himself. At the end, an army of Flippys and Fliqpys fight each other, the only survivor being Flippy (who is hit by a truck soon afterwards).
Since Autopsy Turvy and Operation: Tiger Bomb revealed that Fliqpy is a different character from Flippy, their actions and consequences are only caused by the one controlling the body at the time, meaning that Flippy isn't entirely to blame for the murders. Like his counterpart, Fliqpy rarely dies, but when he does his deaths usually involve vehicles and explosions.
We're sorry! But do not edit horrible things!
Fliqpy's Episodes and Flip-Outs (running gag)
- Hide and Seek - A woodpecker sounds like a machine gun to him.
- This Is Your Knife - A campfire and the sparks from it remind him of the war he was in.
- Flippin' Burgers - Cuddles spills ketchup over Giggles, and It reminds him of blood during the war.
- Keepin' it Reel - The flashing from the movie projector reminds him of a flashing gun during war.
- Remains to be Seen - His truck backfires, sounding like a gun firing.
- Party Animal - Nutty spins like a tornado and picks up some peanuts from Mime's hand, flinging them into Flaky's mouth. She inflates due to her peanut allergy and pops the balloons with her quills. Toothy and Flippy notice, and this reminds Flippy of machine guns firing.
- Double Whammy Part I - First, the airplane ride reminds him of the air force during the war. Second, Lumpy shows him a splotch picture that looks like an explosion (he flipped back after Lumpy splashed him with a bowl of water). Third, Mime blows on fire, which reminds him of the flamethrowers the enemies used during the war. Finally, he squeezes his stress relief toy too hard that it to explode, which reminds him of a gunshot.
- Autopsy Turvy (Double Whammy Part II) - Fliqpy is brought on when Flippy takes some kind of medication.
- Without a Hitch - Flaky imagines Flippy flipping out randomly but technically he does not.
- On My Mind - When he attempts to open a champagne bottle, the bottle top flies off, making a gunshot-like noise and causing Flippy to flip out.
- New Season Teaser - Unknown cause.
- Random Acts of Silence - When Nutty opens the fire exit door, the alarm goes off, which to him sounds like the alarm for a bombing and causes Flippy to flip out.
- By The Seat Of Your Pants - The Mole's shots a pistol and it reminds him of a real gun.
- In Over Your Hedge - When Flippy gets covered by smoke, he is reminded of his friend during the war, who died from war chemicals melting his face, causing Flippy to flip out.
- Easy For You to Sleigh - Lifty and Shifty tie him up So They can rob him, but when he wakes up, the ropes remind him of him being caught by an enemy during the war.
- Hear Today, Gone Tomorrow - In Flippy's dreams, he is killed by Fliqpy, which causes him to flip out when he wakes up. Later, he reverts back to his original state when he is reminded of his own dream and when his helicopter is about to crash.
- Claw - Most likely flips out after seeing Cuddles die.
- YouTube Live Episode - Same as Claw.
- A Vicious Cycle - Cause of Flip-Out Unknown.
- Out of Sight, Out of Mime (DVD only) - He is in the background for a few seconds, already flipped-out and digging a grave.
- Class Act - He is in the background for a few seconds stabbing a Generic Tree Friend, presumably got flipped out due to the bloody chaos around him.
- Dream Job - The cause of his flip-out is unknown, but he only appeared in Sniffles' dream.
- Something Fishy - (Pictured only)
- Royal Flush - (Seen on poker card)
W.A.R. Journal Episodes
- Operation: Tiger Bomb - Flippy hides in Sneaky's corpse, and he flips out from trauma. This is also the first time chronologically Flippy flips out.
Role Count By Season
|Season||Number of Starring Roles||Number Of Featuring Roles||Number Of Appearing Roles||Total|
|Love Bites Roles||1||0||0||1|
|HTF Break Roles||0||1||0||1|
Occupations and Careers
- Executioner - Dream Job (Not real)
Seen on Computer and TV
- Remains to be Seen:
- Kills himself by ramming his truck into a tree.
- Is later killed again when Toothy bites his brain and blows it up.
- Class Act: Dies in an explosion (confirmed by Warren Graff).
- Youtube Live Episode: Is killed by the claw. (Death not seen, confirmed by Kevn Navarro)
- Double Whammy Part 2: Is murdered by his related turvy. (Death not seen) (However, he was only a figment of Flippy's imagination, so it doesn't count as a real death).
- Claw: Is killed by the claw. (Death not seen, confirmed by Kenn Navarro)
- By the Seat of Your Pants - Is impaled and disemboweled on a flag pole by Lumpy.
- A Vicious Cycle - Is struck by lightning and disintegrates into ashes. (though his spirit possesses Cub's tricycle).
- Overkill DVD box set: Possibly killed himself with a large bomb with all the other characters. (Debatable)
- Flippy Attack (Arcade Game): After killing Cuddles with a machine gun, Flippy throws down the gun. The impact against the ground causes the gun to fire and the bullet blows off chunks of Flippy's head.
- Blood Sample A-: Head explodes when he chews on a stick of dynamite. (Death not seen)
- Spring Training March 2006 Calendar: Dies in an explosion. (Death not seen and debatable)
- March Madness March 2008 Calendar: Possibly killed by his own bomb. (Debatable)
- November Fall Out 2009 Calendar: Dies in an explosion. (Debatable and death not seen)
- Un-named Wallpaper: Flippy is seen holding grenades and sticks of dynamite. It can be assumed he died when they exploded. (Death not seen and debatable)
- November 2010: Dies when releasing his grenade. (Debatable)
Seen on Computer and TV
- Hear Today, Gone Tomorrow: Is hit by the back of a giant log when he attempted to use it to kill Lumpy with it.
- Double Whammy Part 2: Receives several imaginary injuries.
- Ka-Pow! Operation Tiger Bomb:
- A Vicious Cycle: He is roughed up and has scratches all over his face. (Not seen)
Number of Kills
- Flippin Burgers Storyboard: Skins The Mole with a coat rack, kills Flaky the same way he killed Petunia.
Episodes Survived by Season
(Counting both Flippy and Fliqpy)
|Season/Total||Number of Appearences||Deaths||Survived||Survival Rate|
(Counting both Flippy and Fliqpy)
- Internet series: 53.84%
- Breaks & Love Bites: 50%
- TV series: 60%
- Total Rate: 56.52%