The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- This is the third most viewed and commented episode of the series, behind Out on a Limb and Eyes Cold Lemonade.
- This is the highest rated Toothy episode.
- This is the first episode in which Toothy sustains an eye injury, something that later became a character trait of his.
- This episode is among six instances where a character cries during his/her death due to the degree of pain. The other instances are Toothy in Brake the Cycle, Petunia in Read 'em and Weep, Sniffles in Tongue in Cheek, Flaky in Ski Ya, Wouldn't Wanna Be Ya!, Lumpy in The Chokes on You, and Cuddles crying from his injury in In a Jam.
- This episode introduced an updated featuring sequence that was used until Just Desert, when it was replaced with the current featuring sequence.
- There are no female characters in this episode.
- This is Toothy's most famous episode, and has his most famous death.
- Toothy has no sign of the trademark mitten hands.
- Discounting the woodpecker, this is one of the episodes where a character appears alone.
- This is one of seven episodes where a character (Toothy) is forced to cause pain on him/herself, the others being Lumpy in Out on a Limb, I've Got You Under My Skin, and The Chokes on You, Flaky in Ski Ya, Wouldn't Wanna Be Ya!, and Disco Bear in Easy Comb, Easy Go. Toothy also causes pain on himself in An Inconvenient Tooth.
- There is a scene from this episode in MondoMedia's promotion video on their YouTube page.
- The YouTube thumbnail spoils Toothy's death, and the Classic Remastered version's thumbnail spoils Toothy's injury.
- This episode was one of the episodes shown at the AOD event.
- The sky in the remastered version has a peach-colored gradient rather than the clear blue sky in the original version.
- The only two characters that appear in this episode are also the very first victims of Fliqpy.
- The meaning of "eye candy" is visual images that are superficially attractive and entertaining but intellectually undemanding.
- The moral means to remain focused on achieving a positive end result, without being distracted by problems or setbacks.
- The woodpecker in this episode looks similar to the fictional character Woody Woodpecker.
- Toothy's lollipop injury is similar to his injury in Idol Curiosity.
- Toothy's death is similar to Lumpy's death in Idol Curiosity, since both have to do with a character losing their two eyes and brain.
- The woodpecker is the same woodpecker from the episode Hide and Seek, though with a different color.
- This episode won the award for best series at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival of 2003.
- In addition to being a fan-favorite and award-winning episode, Kenn Navarro has stated that this was the most fun episode to make.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.