The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- This is the third most viewed and commented episode of the series, behind Out on a Limb and Eyes Cold Lemonade.
- This is the highest rated Toothy episode.
- This is the first episode in which Toothy sustained an eye injury, something that later became a character trait of his.
- This episode is among six instances where a character cried during his/her death due to the degree of pain. The other instances are Toothy in Brake the Cycle, Petunia from Read 'em and Weep, Sniffles from Tongue in Cheek, Flaky from Ski Ya, Wouldn't Wanna Be Ya!, Lumpy from The Chokes on You, and Cuddles crying from his injury from In a Jam.
- This episode introduced an updated featuring sequence that was used till Just Desert, when it was replaced with the current featuring sequence.
- There are no female characters in this episode.
- This episode marks Toothy's most famous episode.
- This is also considered Toothy's most famous death.
- Toothy has no sign of the trademark mitten hands.
- Discounting the woodpecker, this is one of the episodes where a character appears alone.
- This is one of seven episodes where a character (Toothy) is forced to cause pain on him/herself, the others being Lumpy in Out on a Limb, I've Got You Under My Skin, and The Chokes on You, Flaky in Ski Ya, Wouldn't Wanna Be Ya!, and Disco Bear in Easy Comb, Easy Go. Toothy also causes pain on himself in An Inconvenient Tooth.
- On MondoMedia's YouTube page, there is a scene of this episode in their promotion video.
- The YouTube thumbnail spoils Toothy's death, and the Classic Remastered version's thumbnail spoils Toothy's injury.
- This episode was one of the episodes shown at the AOD event.
- The sky in the remastered version has a peach colored gradient rather than the clear blue sky in the original version.
- The meaning of "eye candy" is visual images that are superficially attractive and entertaining but intellectually undemanding.
- The moral means to remain focused on achieving a positive end result, without being distracted by problems or setbacks.
- The woodpecker in this episode looks similar to the fictional character Woody Woodpecker.
- Toothy's lollipop injury is similar to his injury in Idol Curiosity.
- Toothy's death is similar to Lumpy's death in Idol Curiosity since both have to do with a character losing their two eyes and brain.
- The woodpecker is the same woodpecker from the episode Hide and Seek, though with a different color.
- This episode won the award for best series at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival of 2003.
- In addition to being a fan favorite and award winning episode, Kenn Navarro has stated that this was the most fun episode to make.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.