- The title card says "The Happy Tree Friends Bonanza". This may suggest that this was the show's working title throughout production of the series.
- The characters that appear in this episode are all early concepts of Cuddles, Giggles, Toothy, and Lumpy, the show's four primary characters.
- This episode makes Giggles the first character to die in the entire series.
- The dinosaur represents an early concept of both Lumpy (appearance) and Flippy (personality).
- Giggles looks extremely different in this episode compared to future episodes. In this one, she is a light blue squirrel.
- When the dinosaur kills everyone, a can with the visible label "soup" can be seen flying into the air.
- The squirrel's eyes are larger than the other characters'.
- The characters from this episode also appear in Spin Fun Knowin' Ya.
- This is one of only five episodes in which Lumpy killed another character intentionally (the other four being Happy Trails Pt. 2: Jumping the Shark, Dunce Upon a Time, We're Scrooged!, and All In Vein).
- As shown from early concept arts of this episode, the dinosaur was originally a bear, which also had a flipped-out form, possibly meaning that the bear was an early version of Flippy.
- The tune that Lumpy plays on his banjo before the string breaks as well as what continues as he enters his rage is the famous "Duel Tune" from the well-known 1972 film Deliverance, which can be heard here.
- Lumpy's design might be a parody of Barney, the main character of the PBS show Barney & Friends.
- The way the rabbit was killed is similar to his (Cuddles) death in Aw, Shucks! and Mime's death in Something Fishy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.